The veterinarian will frequently give Apoquel to your pet if it is experiencing allergies or feeling discomfort and irritable symptoms that they might cause. Dogs who experience pruritus, or itching, are given the drug Apoquel to get relief for a brief period. However, due to the side effects of long-term use of Apoquel, many are turning to its best alternative, CBD.
CBD is a non-intoxicating ingredient and can be used as a natural alternative to Apoquel. It may help pets with various issues, such as anxiety reduction, relaxation, pain relief, etc. Here is a guide that will give you vital information about CBD for dogs.
Cannabidiol or CBD is a chemical substance obtained from cannabis plants. Both humans and pets like cats and dogs have endocannabinoid systems (ECS), which are influenced by cannabidiol. The dog’s feelings, movements, and responses are all affected by these systems, a particular method of communication between the brain and the whole body.
Why CBD Oil Can Replace Apoquel For Dogs
Here are the top reasons why CBD is the best alternative to Apoquel for dogs.
CBD Can Treat The Root Problem
Instead of masking the symptoms as Apoquel does, CBD assists in treating the root cause of allergy-related problems and solving the issue. It offers a safe, helpful, and efficient treatment for pet allergies. Research has proven that the healing abilities of CBD oil do not lead to side effects like those caused by Apoquel. It works as a natural alternative to Apoquel and will not affect your dog in any hostile way.
It Can Cure Various Health Problems In Dogs
Apoquel is most frequently used to treat pruritus, the medical term for itching. In addition, it is only given to your dogs to prevent a few allergic reactions for some time.
However, cannabidiol oil benefits are pretty extensive, which are listed here:
- CBD can relieve it with the proper dosage, regardless of whether it is a chronic pain or discomfort from an injury or surgery.
- It can help lessen inflammation, which is possible thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- When your dog is feeling pressure or under extreme stress, this oil can help the pet become calm.
- It might increase serotonin levels, which will make your puppy feel happier.
- CBD has the potential to reduce feelings of sadness and depression.
- It can aid with epilepsy in pets and reduces the number of seizure attacks.
CBD Dosage Is More Flexible
For Apoquel to work well, a rigorous administration routine is required. For about 12 to 24 hours only, this medication helps your dog’s allergy symptoms be under control. After that duration, you must give your pet another dosage to manage the symptoms.
Using cannabidiol oil will help treat dogs with only a single dosage most of the time. In addition, different dosage amounts depend on the pet’s health issue, making it more effective. Here is a brief list of the dosage amounts for different health conditions:
- 9 mg for dogs with thunder and separation anxiety
- 9 to 12 mg for dogs with allergies
- 9 to 18 mg for arthritis and pain
- 35 to 50 mg for cancer, seizures, and Cushing’s disease
The benefits of CBD for your dogs include relieving the pain, reducing inflammatory problems, lessening seizure attacks, and decreasing anxiety. CBD oil can cure the problems for which Apoquel is recommended without giving any side effects to your pet.